(BPT) – It’s here, the season of go, go, go. The time of year when there is so much to do, especially if you’re hosting holiday festivities. You want everything to be magical and so you’re planning events, buying presents, making plans for where everyone is going to sleep and all while working a full-time job and taking care of your family. It’s a whirlwind but you wouldn’t have it any other way.
Now you just have to find time to decorate.
With so much to do and so little time, you’re naturally looking for ways to make the holidays special without too much effort. This can be true of your decorating as well. Instead of decorating lighter, opt for easier with the tips below. Each one is guaranteed to help fill your home with the holiday spirit, all without a big time commitment on your part.
* Add a little color to your home. In the summer colorful flowers can make any room welcoming, but in the winter your options for foliage are … limited. Don’t fret or forgo the opportunity to add some natural accents to your home. Evergreen sprigs added to vases can bring a flora component to any room and infuse a seasonal dash of color. Holly is a great addition because it produces berries for a perfect pop of red. Place these in the same areas you would summer flowers and you’ll love the seasonal effect they create.
* Photo-friendly options. Family photos are a mainstay in any home and this season is the perfect time to take your photo displays up a notch. Free-standing photo panels – available at CVS – provide a new and exciting way to showcase your favorite family moments. Available to order at cvs.com/photo, they offer a unique and easy way to bring these images to life.
* Let there be light. Stringing holiday lights around the outside of your home is an annual tradition, but why not do the same thing indoors as well? String lights through the main entertaining areas of your home using insulated holders, just be sure to check the wires for fraying before you do. This is a great way to add a festive spirit to a large area, and because so many lights run on batteries and can be equipped with timers, it’s easier than ever to conserve energy while showing your holiday spirit.
* Décor panels add a festive feel to your space. What do the holidays mean to you? Whatever it is, display it on a customizable décor panel from Kodak Moments, also available at CVS. Choose from a wide array of designs and once you find one you love, your décor panels can be personalized with text as well. Matching the perfect message with the perfect design will give you an accent piece you’ll want to keep up in your house all year long.
* Put those extra ornaments to use. Whether you’re taking a minimalist approach to your tree this year or you simply have too many ornaments, there’s no reason to leave the extras in the box. Unwrap them and place them in bowls or on serving dishes and surround them with pine cones or pine branches. Then place them around your home as a festive accent. This decoration idea also makes for the perfect holiday centerpiece and is an easy way to deliver seasonal pops of style wherever your guests congregate.
Start your planning today
The holidays are fast approaching and as they do, your time is running short. Optimizing your decorating with the tips above will keep your home looking fresh and festive without a lot of effort, and that’s something that will bring you peace and joy this holiday season.